10 Health Benefits of Playing Tennis
It seems like everyone always says that playing sports will help keep you in shape and healthy for the long haul, but which ones are the best? Well, as you’d imagine, we have an opinion on this one.
And obviously, the answer is tennis! I mean, why else would it be called the “sport of a lifetime”, right? If you need further convincing than that, here are 10 health benefits you could receive from taking up tennis.
1. Your risk of death from any cause is cut in half for those who play tennis three hours per week (at moderate intensity).
2. Who doesn’t love a good workout, right? Tennis can give you that. Playing a competitive match can actually burn more calories than inline skating, aerobics or cycling.
3. Your agility will improve because you’ll be forced to change direction as many as five times in 10 seconds during a single point.
4. There is improved bone strength! This helps young players who are growing, along with older players who are at a higher risk for osteoporosis.
5. The conditioning effects promote overall health, fitness and resistance to disease that benefits your immune system.
6. New connections between nerves in your brain could be generated since tennis requires alertness and tactical thinking.
7. When it comes to developing positive personality characteristics, tennis beats out inline skating, golf and most other sports.
8. The use of touch shots like angled volleys, drop shots and lobs can help improve your fine motor skills.
9. A study showed that tennis players scored higher in optimism, vigor and self-esteem, while scoring lower in anger, confusion, anxiety and depression compared to those who don’t play.
10. Tennis is a fantastic form of aerobic fitness, helping you burn fat, improve cardiovascular health and then maintaining higher levels.
This all sounds great, doesn’t it? If only there was a way to take advantage of something so you can improve on the court….
We have everything you need this summer at one of our adidas Tennis Camps! We offer them in 19 different states across the country and have various types of camps available, so we’re sure that at least one type can fit into your busy lives!
Everyone who attends one of our camps gets 30 hours of instruction, an opportunity for one-on-one attention with some of the best coaches in the industry, mental edge training, conditioning and nutritional programs.
And the best part of all is there aren’t a ton of age and skill requirements to join us for a week. The adidas Tennis Camps were created to serve both boys and girls from ages 7-18 of all ability levels.
So, whether you’re a top high school player or just touching a racquet for the first time, you’ll find that spending a week with us will not only be a lot of fun, but full of the information and instruction necessary for you to leave a better player than you arrived.
You can literally see the benefits of playing a sport like tennis right in front of your face…start now and we’ll see you this summer!
Interested in signing up for an adidas Tennis Camp this summer? Click here to find a camp near you and receive more information.