Summer 2020 Protocol Levels and Policies in Response to COVID-19
“Our Plan to Ensure a Safe, Fun Summer for Our Participants Across the Country”
Based on state and local guidelines, adidas Tennis Camps summer programs will operate under the following policies and procedures. As local guidelines on social distancing, gathering size limits and youth activities change, the protocol level in an area may change accordingly. While this summer will be run differently than our traditional camp season, our goal is to provide a fun, skill-building experience for each player. More than ever, safety is our top priority this summer! The adidas Tennis Camps team will strive to make the best decisions based on the unique conditions and guidelines in each community we serve.
Summer 2020 Camp Program Policies in Response to COVID-19
*These policies should be practiced at all Summer 2020 programs with adjustments based on state and local guidelines
- adidas Tennis Camps will closely follow and monitor all CDC guidelines related to youth-specific activities and sports/camp-related policies.
- adidas Tennis Camps program staff, participants and any family members must not be or have been sick within the past 14-days. Any staff member or participant who does not comply will not be allowed at programs until the 14-day minimum has been reached.
- No contact check-in/check-out – Parents will check in their child from 6-feet away verbally acknowledging child’s name for attendance purposes stating any special notes regarding allergies, approved pick-up contacts, health concerns, etc. Participant belongings shall be spaced 6-feet apart.
- First meeting parent orientation – Shall be conducted outside with parents following social distancing guidelines.
- Modified roster document – Roster packet will include: Program information, attendance sheet with child information and parent contact details, participant notes, staff/immediate family 14-day no-sickness acknowledgment, participant/immediate family 14-day no-sickness acknowledgment (verbally communicated/acknowledged)
- Strict hand washing practices – Before snack breaks and lunches children must wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. adidas Tennis Camps will provide hand sanitizer as an extra precaution (while supplies last), but we urge parents to provide their child with their own bottle which should not be shared with other participants
- Snack and Lunch Times – As normally practiced, sharing of food or drink is strictly forbidden. Snack and lunch time will be taken in groups and with social distancing based on guidelines presented in protocol levels 1-3 above.
- Face touching – adidas Tennis Camps staff will remind participants throughout each session not to touch their face, mouth, or eyes. Participants will also be reminded to cover all coughs and sneezes with their elbow crease/forearm.
- Equipment – All equipment will be sanitized after each camp session and during sessions as needed.
- Peer and coach interaction – High fives, fist bumps, hugs and other peer-to-peer/coach-to-peer contact not allowed.
- The parent’s role – In addition to a water bottle, snacks and lunch (full-day camps only) and sunscreen, parents should provide hand sanitizer (if available) and must provide a towel which will help in limiting facial touching.
- At-Risk Groups – Persons who are older, pregnant, or who have underlying health conditions, including those with compromised immune systems or respiratory conditions like severe asthma, are at higher risk to develop complications from COVID-19. These individuals should not drop-off/pick-up participants, participate in programs or instruct programs.
- While playing and during off court time, maintain a 6 feet distance as much as possible
Scenario Procedures: Staff or Participant Tests Positive for COVID-19
*Scenario procedures may vary depending on local, state and CDC guidelines
- If a staff member or participant tests positive for COVID-19 during a program, the program will immediately be cancelled and staff members, participants and partnering organizations will be notified. The local health department will be notified. All registered participants will receive a prorated credit to their customer account.
- If made known to adidas Tennis Camps that a staff member or participant tests positive for COVID-19 within two weeks of completion of a program, staff members, participants and the partnering organization will be notified. The local health department will also be notified.
- If a adidas Tennis Camps staff member tests positive for COVID-19, they will be placed in an inactive status until they are symptom free and 14 days have passed since their last symptom or they provide a doctor’s note stating a negative test result.
- If a adidas Tennis Camps staff member reports symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., fever, cough, shortness of breath), they will be placed in an inactive status until at least 72 hours have passed since recovery defined as resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms and at least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.